Don’t you wish that filling your tummy with delicous food could also help you concentrate on school? Well there are foods to help you do just that! These yummy foods can help with many things!
1) Sugar=Alertness, no, not sugar as in table sugar, but glucose. Glucose is found in fruits and starches as in oranges and potatoes. To help you stay alert grab a little pick me up from the kitchen, also something preferably healthy because glucose in the wrong ways can do the opposite.
2) Don’t Skip Breakfast!! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, if it isn’t stressed enough, EAT BREAKFAST. It is proven by many many dietitians that eating breakfast you will have much more energy and your brain will function better. Many students say they have their best days when they have eaten breakfast. Make sure your breakfast is healthy and has all the nutrients you need for the maximum potential. Have some whole wheat bread with peanut butter or scrambled eggs with orange juice. If you don’t have time and are running to the bus, grab a granola bar or an apple!
3) As surprising as it may be, chocolate can be a brain boosting food! Chocolate is full of antioxidants, and amino acids. Chocolate can help be an anti-depressant and can help prevent heart disease. Although, you need to eat it in moderation; a small cube of chocolate once in a while can be good for you. Also, dark chocolate is much better for you and has some extra benefits.
4) Whole Grain Foods. Whole grain foods are brain boosters because they help increase blood flow to the brain. This increase in blood flow is due to the amount of folate in whole grains. Also, wheat germ contains memory-improving thiamine which is a plus. Try to incorporate these foods into every meal. Eat whole grain toast or whole grain cereal for breakfast or a snack.
5) Nuts. They have many great nutrients that contribute to the brain. Omega 3 fatty acids are one of many nutrients that make nuts so good for the brain. It helps preserve the healthiness of your brain. Another nutrient that nuts have is Vitamin A, which aids in the process of making new brain cells which is essential in learning. Before you go off to study, or before school, pop a couple of almonds or walnuts and help your brain!
6) Drink Water. Drinking water is probably the most important tip about consuming anything. It is vital to health. It has a vast amount of benefits – it gives you energy when your feeling slumpy, it prevents those middle of school or work day headaches, and it helps fight against the flu and colds, especially during this time of year. Water can also help boost your mood if you’re feeling grumpy. It helps keep your brain awake and alert, according to http://ezinearticles.com “Even a small drop in drinking water levels can make your brain’s performance level drop as much as 20 to 30 percent” Many people do not drink enough water, so make sure to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses per day!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/487751